Done!

How about that — I managed to get this daybed built in time for my parents’ visit this weekend. We don’t have an extra twin mattress lying around, so I put an air bed on it instead, for now. I blogged about getting started and making progress, too.

To make it easier to attach the front cleat and rail, I piled up some boards for them to rest on. In a similar moment of cleverness, I attached the side panels to the back panel by setting the back panel flat on some boards — high enough to comfortably drill sideways — and pushed against the wall so that it wouldn’t slide away as I was drilling.

Somehow I managed to create quite a few joins that mysteriously didn’t hold snugly together even though nothing was in the way.

In this case, the cleat was warped.

After the whole thing was assembled, I filled in all the holes — then two hours later sanded, touched up the already painted parts, and painted the slats. And went to (my own) bed.

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Done!

  1. Pingback: Blog year in review | Becoming Three

  2. Pingback: Potential | Becoming Three

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s