I made these blankets for a baby shower. Both are roughly 40 inches square, a good size for swaddling a baby.
I appliqued a pair of eighth notes on this one, using smooshy fabric leftover from covers for a friend’s kid’s bolster pillows. Instead of drawing, cutting, and pinning a pattern, I used masking tape to make the shape right on the fabric.
This one is supposed to be a horse. I did draw, cut, and pin a pattern for this one. It’s not one of my better drawings — I think the head is too small, and the neck too short, and the body isn’t properly curved — but it’s still recognizably a horse, especially once I embroidered a knotted mane.
I might make more of these for my theoretical etsy shop.