Amy wanted me to wear a dress today, so I did. I pulled out that green linen dress I sewed some time ago. It’s okay, but the princess seams aren’t quite in the right places, and the neck opening is too large, so it gapes a bit front and back. This was before I learned how to do a full bust alteration, so I’d enlarged the whole top of the dress instead. Ooops.
Anyway, while wearing it, it occurred to me to try sewing a casing all around the neckline and sticking in some elastic. And lo and behold, it worked so well! There’s a facing around the neckline, so all I had to do was stitch a line all around and thread the elastic through. This line will also keep the facing from rolling out.
Bummer — I thought I had a “before” picture but I don’t.