Over spring break I finished knitting the sleeves for the back legs. They are solid gray, in stockinette stitch (plain knitting), with a little flare at the bottom.
Then I recently finished knitting the sleeve for the top horizontal bar of the chair back — I have a good bit of the colored skein left, so I decided to do another fair isle. The bar isn’t tall enough to repeat the pattern from the seat cover, so I charted a similar but shorter design with spirals and curvy stripes.
After using kitchener stitch (which first involved having to tediously pick out the cast on edge — I thought casting on with waste yarn would be easily ripped out, but no) to invisibly seam the bar sleeve, it was time to seam the back leg sleeves to the bar sleeve.
While these pictures were languishing in the camera, I also knitted a vertically striped sleeve for the next horizontal bar — a skinny one, which is good, because picking out the cast on edge was really messing me up and I had to reknit the whole thing. I finally used a crochet cast on, which was much easier to pull out.